One of my first and best blog buddies, BW Reviews, tagged me for The Awesome Blogger Award! I feel like I already won because seriously I am in awe anyone reads my blog. XD I’m excited to share this tag though and nominate some truly AWESOME blogs.
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Tag it under #awesomebloggeraward
- Answer the questions asked.
- Nominate at least five awesome bloggers.
- Give your nominees ten questions.
- Let your nominees know that they’ve been nominated.
Ok here are the questions I got from Caidyn!
1. What’s your favorite music genre?
These days I mostly listen to movie soundtracks while I’m reading! I like instrumental music because it leaves room in my brain for words to bounce around. Lyrics just get in the way! When I do want to sing along, I like to listen to pop, rock, and musicals. I think I know all the words to Hamilton.
2. Do you like horror movies? If so, what’s your favorite? If not, why not?
I love horror movies! I just watched As Above so Below today and I was pleasantly surprised. Some of my favorites are the new adaptation of IT, Hereditary, Insidious, & The Conjuring.
3. What is your dream job?
If I could make enough money for food and housing from my Etsy shop and book reviews, I think that would be the dream. Sadly, that will never happen so I am content to have it be my side job.
4. Do you write? If so, what’s a work in progress? If not, what would you like to see written?
I don’t really write, outside of my blog. I find reviews are a really cathartic and integral part of my reading experience, but I rarely feel inspired to write outside of that. I would love to see more fantasy stories that involve themes of mental health and mental disorder. Rosemarked by Livia Blackbourne is a great example of what I want more of.
5. Is there a completed series you wish there was more of?
The Monsters of Verity series by Victoria Schwab! I love the new characters and locations introduced in Our Dark Duet, but I wanted to know more about them. I think there another novel’s worth of story in that series and I hope we get it someday!
6. What’s a weird talent/ability you have?
I’m pretty good at doing character voices. I really like to read out loud, and I always do voices for my dog, which makes me sound like a crazy person. I have a hard time not imitating vocalists when I sing as well.
7. What genre do you want to read more of?
I want more good thrillers and adult horror! I’m super excited for The Corset by Laura Purcell.
8. What’s your favorite food?
Probably pho and Vietnamese egg rolls. I didn’t know I loved it until about 2 years ago, and now I have a hard time going more than a week without it.
9. What’s a book that was published in 2018 and didn’t like?
The first one that comes to mind is Mirage. I really did not find anything to connect to in that book and it felt unfinished to me in a lot of ways.
10. What is your favorite blog post that you’ve written?
I’m really happy with my post on Priory of the Orange Tree. I was really worried about doing that book justice and I think I succeeded in presenting a succinct argument to pick up an 800-page book.
The 5 amazing bloggers I am tagging are:
And here are your ten questions!
- If you could make 1 book required reading for all your friends & family what would you choose?
- What is one of your blogging foibles? Example: I almost always forget to add tags and have to do it after posting.
- What upcoming releases are you already excited to blog about?
- Do you have a blog beta reader, or do you do all your own proofreading?
- Do you write in the same space where you read, or do you need different drinks/sounds/snacks for each activity?
- What fantasy creature would you want as a pet? If you already have a pet, would you give them fantasy traits if you could?
- If you could transform into any animal, what would you choose?
- Do you have a favorite time of day to write/read?
- List a blogger/author/bookstagrammer who inspires you to stay engaged with the book community.
- List a photo/blog post/tweet that you are especially proud of.
Can’t wait to see people’s answers to these questions!