This week is all about characters we’d gladly trade places with. I have the same hesitation for this prompt that I do for locations/worlds I would like to visit. Too often I feel like I would just die immediately if I were to visit any of my favorite book worlds. Regardless, there are a few people & things I would like to trade places with…if only for a little while.
1.Tane from Priory of the Orange Tree. She gets to ride a giant dragon, who doesn’t want to be a dragon rider!?
2. The one Ring from LotR. Probably a poor choice, but it would be fascinating to see Middle Earth through the “eyes” of the ring.
3. Sarai from Strange the Dreamer. Yeah, I love Lazlo, this choice is purely motivated by a desire to make kissy faces with Lazlo.
4. Sylphrena from The Stormlight Archives. Not only is Syl adorable, but she is a being of pure energy…sort of. I think it would be fascinating to see the world through her eyes.
5. The clock from The Night Circus. For much the same reason as my desire to swap with The Ring, I think it would be amazing to see the Night Circus itself through the seemingly omnipresent eyes of the clock.
6. Kvothe’s Lute from The Kingkiller Chronicles. I don’t think Kvothe truly loves anything the way he loves music, and of course his lute! I would love to know what that kind of love feels like, and I have a legit crush on Kvothe.
7. Kaz’s cane from the Six of Crows Duology. As a person, I don’t think I could even truly support Kaz the way his cane does. Personally, I would be happy to be the object that helps him move easier through the streets of Ketterdam, and also beat the crap out of his enemies.
8. An unnamed Hogwarts student in Goblet of Fire. I just really want to watch the Triwizard tournament! And then as soon as Voldemort returns I could peace out back to our world.
9. Sasha from Vita Nostra. This is definitely someone I would only want to swap places with briefly, but I think seeing the world through her eyes would change my perspective on everything. I really need more people to read this book.
10. Rosemary Harper from Long Way to a Small Angry Planet. I would love to spend some time aboard the Wayfarer with the crew. I may have a bit of a crush on Sissix as well.
Let me know if you would spend some time in any of these books! Happy Tuesday!