This month has been a bit of a rollercoaster! I don’t feel like I read that much, even though I read 25 books. I had a lot of good & bad things come up this month so I’ll touch on everything as we go!
Here are all the books I read off of my backlist for NovelKnight’s BeattheBacklist Readathon!
- Late Eclipses by Seanan McGuire
- Archival Quality by Ivy Noelle Weir
- Contagion by Erin Bowman
- Heart of Thorns Bree Barton
- Ice Wolves by Amie Kaufman
- Of Fire and Stars by Audrey Coulthurst
- Inkmistress by Audrey Coulthurst
A few less than last month, which is the opposite of what I hoped would happen throughout the year, but I had a good reason!
I recently started writing reviews for a new site! It’s called The convention Collective, and it promotes all things pop culture. My primary review focus is on prose and graphic novels. There are a ton of comic reviews from me over there and I will link to them all below. Here are all the Graphic Novels I read in February, I marked my favorites with an asterisk!
- The Ballad of Sang by Ed Brisson
- Pilu of the Woods by Mai K. Nguyen
- Cold Spots by Cullen Bunn
- Outer Darkness #1-4 by John Layman *
- Bone Parish by Cullen Bunn
- Invisible Kingdom #1 by Willow G. Wilson *
- The Sequels #1 by Norm Harper *
- The Weatherman V1 by Jody LeHeup
- The Forgotten Queen #1 by Tini Howard
- Calamity Kate #1 by Magdalene Visaggio *
- Delver #1 by Spike C. Trotman
- PTSD by Guillaume Singelin
- Back Luck Chuck #1 by Lela Gwenn *
- Punk Mambo #1 by Cullen Bunn
I highly recommend checking out a few of my reviews, mostly because I tried really hard to come up with funny titles for all of them.
ARCs / New Releases
Of course, I couldn’t get through the whole month without reading a few ARCs and new releases, so here they are:
- The Test by Sylvain Neuvel
- Song of the Dead by Sarah Glenn Marsh
- Blood Heir by Amelie Wen Zhao
- An Affair of Poisons by Addie Thorley
If I had to choose a favorite read from the month, it would probably be The Sequels! I was so surprised and impressed by it. I also really loved Blood Heir and I am so frustrated about the controversy facing it, though I hope the book community will grow from it somehow. Let me know your favorite read of February!