I was scrolling through my feed looking for a good Book Tag and I found this one on Caidyn’s page. So let’s get to it!
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Answer all the questions down below
- Pingback to the creator: Ellyn @ Allonsythornraxx
- Nominate 5+ bloggers you’d like to know more about to do this tag
WHY DID YOU START BLOGGING AND WHY HAVE YOU KEPT BLOGGING?
I have been involved in the book community for about 3 years now. Though I’ve spent most of that time on Bookstagram, I was inspired by other bloggers to start writing more as a way to better share my book reviews. A big draw for me was advanced copies of books as well, no point denying that. I waited so long to give it a go because I was worried I wouldn’t be able to keep up with the reading, but I can for the most part so here I am!
I’ve continued to blog because I’ve found some amazing blogs to follow and support since I started. I haven’t been blogging for very long but the support and encouragement I’ve received is absolutely amazing. I’m not writing for another website as well, which helps to keep me motivated.
WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE TYPE OF POST TO WRITE?
I really love doing tags! I love reading them from others, so I hope people enjoy mine as well. Aside from tags, I love any time I get to post interviews or special promotional posts for books I love. Writing up posts about stories I’m truly passionate about is definitely a highlight of the book blogging experience.
WHAT ARE YOUR TOP THREE BLOG POSTS?
Oof, I’ll go by the ones I enjoy the most for this one.
- My review of Priory of the Orange Tree
- My interview with Tricia Levenseller & Alexandra Christo
- Q & A tour stop for Wicked Saints
WHAT ARE YOUR FIVE FAVORITE THINGS?
Oo yay another list!
- My fluffy doggo Laufey
- My enamel pin collection
- Pop culture conventions
WHAT ARE YOUR PROUDEST BLOGGING MOMENTS?
Triple list time, here we go! Top 5 blogging moments:
- Taking part in my first blog tour with The Brilliant Death
- Being asked to write for The Convention Collective
- Attending Yallwest as Press for the first time
- Interviewing some top authors at Emerald City Comic-con
- Helping other readers learn the ropes on Netgalley
WHAT ARE YOUR HOBBIES OUTSIDE OF BLOGGING?
I really haven’t been blogging enough, I feel awful but it is what it is. I love working on my Etsy shop, painting books for myself, reading of course, playing board games, and visiting new restaurants around San Diego. I also love going to pop culture conventions like San Diego Comic con.
DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY IN THREE WORDS.
Quiet, compassionate, addictive
Not that my personality is addictive, but I easily become addicted to things. xD
WHAT ARE YOUR TOP THREE PET PEEVES?
- When people aren’t as careful with my books/stuff as I am
- Being interrupted when I’m speaking
- People/companies stealing art
WHAT’S SOMETHING THAT YOUR FOLLOWERS DON’T KNOW ABOUT YOU?
I am an actual mutant! I have a genetic mutation called Factor V Leiden Syndrome. It messes with my blood clotting mechanism, making it difficult for me to take certain types of medication. Right now it doesn’t affect my daily life much, but it could become a major headache as I get older. If it weren’t for modern medicine, I would probably wouldn’t be alive.
On that pleasant note! Please feel free to participate in this tag if you would like! I feel like no one ever pays attention to my tags. xD Did any of these facts surprise you!? Let’s chat in the comments!